Friday, December 16, 2016

A New Cheese Friend!

Lunch, Friday December 16: *grilled cheese; mixed greens; mixed pickle.

*We made a new cheese friend. It's called Dubliner. It is what you would expect if a sharp cheddar and a parmesan had a booootiful baaaaaby. Seriously its yummy and now I know it makes a good fancy pants grilled cheese. I has a pretty good melt texture.

This shot also shows the flexibility of Alexis' new bento box container. Compare it to this arrangement. Pretty nifty.

We pickle peppers and tomatoes from the garden or the farmers market. Alexis really likes pickled jalapenos or hot bananas. I like them too, but given the choice I would go with pickled green tomatoes. You can't see them in this picture but there are some pickled green cherry tomatoes in there. We pickle those with a little whole garlic, carrot slices, and cauliflower. Oh yeah, I didn't do the olives. That's just crazy talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment