Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Not Quite Thai Basil

Supper, Monday December 12: Thai fusion (bell pepper, garlic, carrot, scallion, ginger, shitake, black fungus, shrimp, dried Thai chilies, fish sauce.

I have a Thai basil plant in the greenhouse. I had other plans for supper but I was rearranging some potted plants and disturbed the basil. The aroma it immediately gave off was hypnotizing. I decided that instant what was for supper. Some of the ingredients are not traditional, but this combo was scary good. Alexis really likes shitakes and I really like the fungus. Since the shrimp goes in at the end you could do this with any protein. Is there a suitable vegan substitute for fish sauce, IDK?

I realized later that there is one thing not pictured here. A little bit of the water I soaked the dry shitakes in. I add it towards the end to deglacez.

No comments:

Post a Comment