Friday, December 2, 2016

Everymeal: Thursday December 17 to Thursday December 24, 2016

Image result for hog slop 

Seriously, It's Not That Bad: hospital food (nutritionally appropriate meals).

It really isn't. I was in the hospital for a week I ate mostly the meals I was provided with. A couple were awful, genuinely terrible. The rest were edible or better, and a couple were downright tasty. I can see why people regard hospital food as the picture above. You are forced to eat what you should, not what you want. This is particularly true of salt content. I have been eschewing salt for years. Unsalted eggs don't taste like ass to me, but I daresay that most people don't take the low salt approach seriously. Salt is a necessary ingredient, and I do mean necessary, in many foods, but Americans eat too much of it. If you are like most who should be on a low sodium regime, then you ignore or rationalize and hospital food will likely be bland to the point of unpalatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment