Monday, May 8, 2017

I Think They Smell Delicioso

Breakfast, Wednesday April 13: veggie scramble ( ramps, mushrooms, olive, eggs, egg substitute, pinconning ); roasted corn polenta; lamb chop.

I was sifting through the freezer recently. I was looking for items that were getting old. The search led me to a bag of our lamb share that had gotten buried. It had all the lamb chops in it. I realized that the chops were just the right size for breakfast meat. The shape looks a little off 'cause I trimmed the fatty tail off. ( I chopped them up and briefly cooked then. The dogs loved it.) I just put a little salt and pepper on then pan seared them.

Ramps are a lot like Miracle Whip. You love or you hate it. There are very few people who are ambivalent. Ramps are the same way except that there are a sizable number of people ( I suspect an overwhelming majority ) who have never even heard of them. I have a small patch of them in the yard, mostly as a novelty. If I really want ramps I go to the farmers market. I usually try to saute and freeze some in very small baggies every year. They are only available in the spring. That reminds me, I need some to freeze. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment