Monday, May 8, 2017

I Think It Is Still Kosher

Breakfast, Thursday April 14: roast beef hash* (leftover brisket, potato); mixed fruit; tomato juice.

*Here is another example of re-tasking. Sure the brisket is leftover, but it's not being used it the same way as it was yesterday. Instead of slicing it up I shredded it with the mandolin along with some potato. Now it's not "leftovers" it is something new entirely. 

I know I've commented on our tomato juice before, but I want to give the ingredients. I buy the tomatoes by the case at the farmers market in 25 pound boxes. Now check this out: second grade tomatoes AKA #2 are perfectly good tomatoes but they are blemished or oddly shaped so they are cheaper. They are fine for juice making and get this, in season a case will be as low as 8 dollars.  

To every case of tomatoes I add 2 jalapenos, a fist full of parsley (half a bunch), 4 garlic cloves, and 3 tablespoons of salt.

I think I will show the process later, after I get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment