Monday, May 22, 2017

Italian Again?


Supper, Saturday April 22: tossed salad (garden greens, olives, avocado, capers, Greek dressing); spaghetti and meatballs.

I'm not sure why, but I have been jonesing for Italian meatballs for weeks. I finally decided to give in. The sauce is just marinara, nothing fancy. For the balls I finely chopped some shallot and minced a little garlic, and sweated them in a little olive oil. While this cooled a little I combined ground lamb, ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, crumbled feta, pepper, basil, oregano, anise seed. I dumped in the onions and garlic, folded all this together and portioned out the balls. I baked them at 375 until they were beginning to brown. I think we got three meals out of that batch. I got that craving taken care of for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment