Thursday, September 21, 2017

I Didn't Grow The Yucca




Supper, Thursday August 3: fried yucca; fried green tomatoes; roasted roots; stuffed pumpkin (rolled oats, pecans, butter, brown sugar, pie spice mix).

I know the pumpkin doesn't look all that appetizing, particularly the filling, but it was tasty. We had a pie pumpkin vine that got destroyed by stem borers. It managed to create two tiny pumpkins that began to ripen as the vine died. I scooped out the larger one, chopped up the flesh from the smaller one, mixed that with the other ingredients. After stuffing it all in the scooped out gourd I baked it at 350 degrees. I used a probe thermometer to get the internal temperature. Once it hit boiling temp I left it in for a few more minutes. I split it so we each got half. It was like a pumpkin crumble pie. 

Oh yeah, the FGTs weren't half bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment