Saturday, October 17, 2020

Miscellaneous

Thoughts and observations.

Produce is cheaper in Savannah than it is in Asheville. Sometimes it is WAY cheaper. I am quite fond of artichokes, Alexis of asparagus. They are often half the price in Savannah as in Asheville. In Asheville a good price on a pineapple is 2.99, that is a deep discount. In Sav I can buy them at my neighborhood grocery anytime for 2.50.
 

On Tybee in the winter some restaurants will offer an AYCE oyster roast. You can get them raw or steamed. I would go raw but I cannot anymore (immunosuppressed), but she can. We went to one in January, had a great time. We ate a lot of mollusks. 


I got a super-sized one. I had her model it.


Then she got a redonkulous one. That is a normal one for comparison.


BLTAs are the bomb.


Anytime I find Brussels sprouts sold like this I get them. If I were king this is the only way you could sell fresh ones.


We like cranberry beans. We found something maybe even better. Their mother bean, the cargamanto. They look like a cranberry bean that is almost all red. The skins are thinner and the flesh is creamier. The color, alas, simmers away like the daughter's does.


No comments:

Post a Comment