Monday, June 5, 2017

Pasta At The Beach Should Be Shells

Supper: Saturday, May 27: garden salad; stuffed shells (jumbo shells, part skim ricotta, spinach, arugula; marinara, shrimp). 

I've been stuck on stuffed pasta lately. In particular it's been stuffed shells. So this time at the beach condo I got some jumbo shells and ricotta. The spinach and arugula we brought from the garden and the radishes for the salad. 

The filling for the shells is chopped spinach and arugula sauteed in a little olive oil, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, a couple of healthy pinches of basil. Off heat combine with ricotta. Pipe into the shells.

I wasn't home so I improvised a pastry bag by sniping a corner off a resealable quart bag. I also did not fill the shells fully since I intended to insert the shrimp. Otherwise fill those little suckers up. Place in a casserole with the bottom coated with marinara and then top them with marinara. Bake in a 350F oven til bubbly and browning.

No comments:

Post a Comment