Saturday, October 14, 2017

We Got A Lot Of Beans

Supper, Saturday October 14: tuscan bean soup (cannellini beans, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, chicken stock, anise, parsley, oregano, egg yolk, crushed tomato); crusty french bread, fried okra, parm to garnish.

I have been experimenting with different beans in the garden. We have had a very good harvest of green beans for the last two seasons, so I have rather a surplus of canned beans. Next year I am only planting a limited run of green beans. I will plant more of the varieties that I have been experimenting with like the cannellinis I used in this soup. Cranberry, black, Jackson Wonder, soyasume. . . I know beans are cheap and readily available but they really are so much better fresh. There are flavors that I think age out of the bean over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment