Monday, January 7, 2019

Not Alexis, But Gotta Share. . .

Friday, September 07, 2018 Reuben and Tots

This is a bad photo. Sorry, dark bar and I wasn't considering this for a post. 

We went to a patient conference on my disability in Louisville KY. Of course we hit a few distilleries on the journey as it is close enough for us to drive there. The previous 2 years the locations were San Diego and New Orleans. Not road trip-able for me. When we attend this annual event we plan a little extra time to see a little bit of whatever city the conference is in. Louisville is a happening place. We found some great food very near the conference on "Wiskey Row" (Road? I don't remember.) 

Anyhoo, I bring this all up because I really like a good reuben, and as the joke goes lots of places serve up something that is definitely not like a good reuben. The reuben is my hot sandwich bellwether, meaning I judge an establishment by their reuben. The sandwich I had that day at a pub on wiskey row was one of the best I have ever had. The kraut was grilled and there was just enough dressing. The bread did not turn to mush. I believe the meat was cooked in house. It was not the oversalted precooked affair. 

Didn't hurt that they had Tots as an option. 

Oh, yeah, that is Willford, my companion manatee.

No comments:

Post a Comment