Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Supper: Tuesday November 8, 2016

Veggie Lasagna and a Salad: not much to say.
 
Preparation note: So how to get the ricotta in there as a smooth even layer. Most of my life I have used one of two methods: dollop and smear; pipe it in. Piping is preferred but I haven't always had a pastry bag. I love lasagna but it is a pain in the arse so this is one of those dishes I often eat out when available. I recently had some at a Greek/Italian place we frequent. I realized last time that the ricotta had clearly been whipped, I mean really whipped. Now I have a great method for the ricotta. Whip the ricotta with herbs de provencal until light. the increased volume and light texture is better for piping. The bonus is a substantial layer of ricotta that is not heavy. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment